Tuesday, February 1, 2011

North Burlington Broker Open Tour




So, my colleague, Larry Lefort and I headed out this morning to check out the recently listed homes in my favourite communities of Tyandaga and Millcroft plus we made a stop in the new community of Alton Village.  


Despite the slippery conditions we were able to view 7 homes.


Highlights

Tyandaga:  West of Brant Street, North of the QEW

Sidesplit 3 bed:   This one had been recently renovated.  New hardwood and oversized tile throughout.  Potlights, recent paint, new bathrooms and kitchen, this renovation is complete!  The wood-burning fireplace is a nice touch on the lower level.   Priced under $360000, it's a more private alternative to townhouses and semis.

2 story 4 bed:   This house has character and backs on to the 18th hole at Tyandaga Municipal Golf Course.  Mansard roof, sunroom, pool, flagstone patio, sauna, workshop...I was impressed.  With a little updating I would be in love!   Priced in the upper $600s.


Millcroft:   bounded by Walkers Line, Upper Middle Rd, Appleby Line, Dundas St.

2 story, 4 bed:   A newer home on a quiet court and backing onto a ravine.  Feels huge thanks to the 20 foot ceiling in the dining room.  I felt very comfortable in this place.  I would have liked to see one more bathroom on the upper level.  Nicely finished basement.   Priced in the high $700s.


Alton Village:  north of Millcroft, across Dundas St  (behind Walmart)

2 story, 4 bed:  There are actually two identical models for sale next door to each other.  These homes are about a year old and feature all the new design concepts.   Showing agent says it's 3500 square feet.  Whoa!!!  High ceilings on both floors, den, walkout basement, ravine lot, humongous master bath with glass shower (you could have a party in there!), ensuite in 2nd bedroom, Jack & Jill for the other two.  The only thing missing is a nice granite or engineered stone countertop in the kitchen.  As with new subdivisions, the lots aren't very big...it's mostly house.  Again priced in the mid $700s.


My Choice:

So...if it was my money to spend today, I'd go with the Tyandaga 2 Storey with the Mansard roof.  Yes, it does need updating but the location is awesome...plus it already has a pool and I could walk to the golf course.

Good times this week!   I'm expecting more selection as we "March" on towards spring :)

No comments: